Saturday, August 14, 2010

Knit night

Another week leading the ladies at knit night. I realize bringing my own personal projects that require no patterning and thinking is essential. I now keep spare yarn and needles in my bag so I can show the newbies. This week I helped with a new ladies sweater beginning, the last few touches of a baby sweater, the making of a pig, a new (left handed) crocheter, and Little Bit's starting of fashion wear with some gifted ribbon yarn. I got half a row done on my own project but left feeling really satisfied and accomplished anyway. My skill for reading patterns is essential to this group as no one else has yet to understand the jargon. They are thankful for me even though I can see they are a little worried without our Fearless Leader. Another successful night.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes Ruk, you are essential to the group!! Thank you for your generosity in sharing your gifts. Reading patterns is such a gift, as well as the willingness to use the internet to learn new skills and perfect older ones. Thank you for continuing the knitting at Garcia Library. I appreciate you! Give a special hug to Little Bit for me, and a huge hug to yourself. I miss you both! Love, Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete